- I had a quarterly review at work last week. I have learned to love reviews. What once would have been a scary concept for me, I now embrace reviews and feedback. I have really been busting my butt at work and it’s nice to see it pay off. We have about a million metrics to measure our productivity, so a good part of our reviews are going through our “stats”. Beyond the productivity part of the reviews, it feels great to get really good feedback.
- AV rode his bike 203 miles from Seattle to Portland 2 weekends ago to participate in “STP”. Coming from someone who has no interest in distance cycling, I have no idea why these events ever sound fun. But AV swears that it was a blast. Of course, while he was gone, it gave me plenty of opportunity to partake in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I wrote about it here. Biking 200 miles or shopping sales at Nordstrom? I think I chose the better activity.
- Last night AV and I met up with some friends to attend an event called “Red, White and Brew”. I’m not entirely sure what the point of the event was, but it was fun. There is a new event space in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle. They had great food and served Washington wines (red and white..) and Washington beers (the brew).
- July is quickly coming to an end. Which is really bizarre to me. Where did this summer go? I am actually really excited for August to come since AV and I are going on vacation. But the fact the “back to school” commercials are already on is a little scary. Fall is right around the corner.
- I’m officially approved to sit for board certification. I got the email yesterday. I have to study. The exam will be March 1 in 2015. The testing fee is $800. I’ll admit that I am a little nervous but also really excited for the next step in my career and getting this test behind me.
Perhaps the most random 5 things over the last (2) weeks. Happy Sunday!