I moved to the Seattle area when I was really young. Two years-young to be exact. Since moving away for school, I have realized how much I love living in the Pacific Northwest. There’s not much to not like about this place. Seattle particularly is pretty amazing if you ask me. Which is why I am practically killing myself slowly with all this stress of trying to buy a house.
My Top 5 Things To Do in Seattle
- Eat! Seattle is home to some of the best restaurants with amazing food. Being a port/coastal city, we are lucky to have a variety of cuisines and cultures. In no particular order below are some of my favorite spots across the city. I am by no-means an expert on food, but I can tell you that you can do no wrong at any of these restaurants:
- La Fontana Siciliana (Belltown)- Italian
- Bastille (Ballard)- French
- Uneeda Burger (Fremont)- Burgers
- Rock Creek (Fremont)- Seafood
- Via Tribunali (Multiple Locations)- Neapolitan Pizza
- Sea Star (Denny Triangle)- Seafood
- Walrus and the Carpenter (Ballard)- Seafood
- Serafina (Eastlake)- Italian
- Molly Moon’s (Multiple Locations)- Ice Cream
- See the art! Seattle is very much an artistic and creative city. There is art to be enjoyed in many different formats. One of my favorites is the Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibition. Located in the Seattle Center, the Chihuly exhibit showcases glass fine art that even a novice could appreciate. It’s truly breathtaking. And added bonus? You can buy discount tickets that include a trip up the Space Needle, which is just steps away.
- Visit the most prestigious block to own real estate; Highland Drive. Ok, I’ll admit it, I have no clue if this is the most prestigious block in the entire city, but it is a pretty fantastic street to live on with real estate costs to match. Highland drive is the home of Kerry Park. It’s an iconic place to get wedding photos done or just to visit to catch views of the city scape to the left and ocean views on the right. At sunset, it’s perfection. Strolling Highland Drive not only allow for a stop at a great park but a view of some beautiful real estate.
- Tour! As much as the touristy things can really be a drag, there are a few options in Seattle that really are fun. My recommendations are the Underground Seattle tour as well as a trip to Pike Place. The market is usually busy, full of tourists, but it is the best place to buy the most gorgeous flowers at a fraction of the cost of a florist or store. And for the adventurer, the Ride the Ducks tour is a famous by-land and by sea tour of the city. Even locals will admit they had a good time on this tour.
- Get in touch with nature! There’s a reason why we are the Evergreen State. Hiking, boating, paddle boarding are all part of the outdoor fun. It’s true, it rains a decent amount here. But it makes for remarkable scenery. Get outside and enjoy it!
Part of what makes Seattle such a great place to live is our thriving economy thanks to some great local companies. Amazon continues to grow and expand it’s presence in Seattle. And while it’s making my commute horrendous, at least it’s a great company. Seriously, they have everything. In honor of Seattle, one lucky winner is going to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Good luck!
Check out these awesome blogs!